2.5 Days course
This course allows training on pods and the characteristics of these ships in maneuver.
- Voyager with pods (1000 ft cruise ship with two 14 MW pods and 12 MW bow thrusters).
- Normandie (4 400 TEU container ship with pods)
Training on pods, berthing, locks and emergency response with the use of Voyager and Normandie exclusively.
For: Pilotes / Captains
Requirements: With an experience on manned models
Duration: 2,5 days from Monday to Wednesday noon or from Wednesday noon to Friday
Trainer: Experienced instructors with more than 20 years of experience
- First contact with the pods: in cruise mode and maneuver mode,
- Maneuvers involving bends in transit, in canals and moorings with or without current,
- Follow the front and back alignment,
- Slalom, Maneuvering in a narrow area and in the Suez Canal,
- Dockings, Crash stop with and without anchors,
- Entry and exit of a lock,
- Using anchors with a defective pod.
Capt. Arnaud TRANCHANT - French Navy - FRANCE - (May 2017)
"The effects reproduced on the lake make it possible to reach its limits as close as possible to real conditions. It is clearly a value compared to the similarity."