The course is dedicated to emergency ship handling with all failures available and the use of escort tugs. He is conducted for part of the time spent on the lake with remote controlled escort tugs (five tugs, all with at least 60 t bollard pull). Time is also devoted to use of anchors in emergency mode.
- drift and manoeuvring in swell and/or current,
- rudder failure in a canal,
- emergency stopping in a canal with anchors,
- docking and undocking dredging anchor,
- zigzag manoeuvre with tug at stern and engine/rudder failures,
- proceeding through channels with engine/rudder failures, using the escort tug to stay in the channel.