This course is dedicated to the transport of LNG type Q / Max, double propellers and rudders as well as large bulk carriers.
It includes :
- Emergency maneuvers in case of problems on the machine,
- Steering gear as well as the use of anchors and escort tugs,
- Transit in the canal,
- Entrance to the locks,
- Anchoring and docking,
- Emergencies with escort tugs in the current, with or without rudder and / or engine failures,
- Maneuverability in a narrow channel.
We built in 2010 a Q / Max LNG carrier, double helices, double rudders measuring in reality 345 m long.
Tests were carried out in 2011 in Port Revel:
- circles of gyration with a single rudder,
- circles of gyration with a single helix.